About RightToVape.org
Right To Vape is an international database and repository. It contains testimonials of adults who have switched from combustible and unsafe oral tobacco products to safer nicotine alternatives.

I started smoking when I was 13 despite the fact that I had asthma. I loved it and called it my sanity for many years. Doctors would tell me over the years that I needed to quit, but I never had any intention to. Around the age of 24 I started getting bronchitis a few times a year along with a wheeze that never went away. I still had no intentions I of quitting. By age 32 I was getting pneumonia a few times a year and ended up going to see lung specialist. He told me that I had early signs of COPD and needed to quit smoking NOW. I tried cold turkey. That lasted about 2 days and it was so hard I just decided to not quit. That following winter I realised I was paying for that decision. I got pneumonia twice within 3 months along with plurecy. The pain sent me screaming to the hospital. I knew I had to quit, but it was a failure every time I’d try. I ended up getting a pneumonia shot so I didn’t getit again for a while. I tired Welbutrin and other antidepressant medications that were supposed to help take the edge off withdraw. I tried the nicotine gum ONCE. ewww! I just figured they would bury me with a pack of cigarettes because there was no way I was going to be able to quit. Then I met my now fiance, John. And John had a friend that introduced him to an e-cig that took the nicotine liquid. I thought it was weird tasting and didn’t like it much. I didn’t know then that it was because the unit was old and just had a burnt taste to it. Friends with mods would come over and let us taste the new juice he just got and some of them were pretty amazing. The more I tried… the more I liked it. So in February of this year, 2013, John and I got ourselves starter kits with 2 batteries and 2 Kanger t3 tanks. The day it came, I filled one up with liquid and vaped on it all day without even wanting a cigarette. Two days passed, three days, four days. I couldn’t believe it. I had done it, I quit smoking. I was in shock. And within 2 weeks I wasn’t wheezing anymore. My chest didn’t whistle with every deep breath. I wasn’t coughing up a lung every morning. I didn’t get winded by walking up the stairs. It’s been almost 5 months and I have bought only 2 packs of cigarettes in some pretty stressful situations. But real cigarettes give me a sick feeling and takes me a long time to get thru them. I started vaping at 18mg nicotine and am down to 16mg now. I plan to keep slowly bringing down the nicotine content until I’m at 0. I’ve got my sister to quit smoking by buying her one. And John has several people at work that have also quit by providing them with information on the products out there. If they were harder to get or more expensive, I probably wouldn’t have put the effort forth to do this and I’d still be smoking…. slowly killing myself. My doctor is proud of me and I am proud of me.